Breaking News

MY EXPERIENCE OF BEING AN ONLY CHILD- George Oluwatomilayo

Syngossip news

(Episode 1)📜by George Oluwatomilayo

Personally, I don't love being an only child. Being an only child has it perks. There is no denying that. Just like it has its perks, it also has its disadvantages.


I always had mixed responses when people found out I was an only child. "You're so lucky you're an only child," or "You're an only child? I don't believe it." I don't understand why most people assume that an only child is stuck-up and thinks they deserve everything they want. Most people who are an only child don't act that way, and the ones that I have met are not like that at all.
                           George Oluwatomilayo

Sure, my parents spoiled me. However, they also taught me the value of a dollar and to not act spoiled. I'm thankful that my parents offered to pay my college tuition and provided me with a car. However, I have also had multiple part-time jobs to earn extra money to help out.



There are many things I love about being an only child. I love that I was the only child that my dad got to take golfing or the only child that my mom took shopping on the weekends. I love that I never needed to share a bedroom — or anything for that matter.



I love how being an only child taught me to be more mature. I love how being an only child taught me to love meeting new people. I love how my parents attention was focused on me, which pushed me to do better in school to meet their expectations. I love how I never had to worry about being the favorite child. I love how I learned to love being alone. I love how being alone more often than not, taught me to be independent.



While all that seems great (because it is), there are some things that people with siblings don't realize only children go through. While being an only child was fun, I never knew what it was like to grow up with a sister or brother.



Now that I'm older, I sometimes wish I did have a sibling whom I was close with like I see with my friends and family who have siblings who are their best friends. 



I always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling who was always there for you through anything and also shared some of the same memories as you did growing up. Thankfully, as an only child, it's easier to become friends with others and those friends become the siblings you never had.



Despite that, I'm still happy that I was an only child. While people with siblings learned a lot, I, too, learned a lot of unique lessons as an only child.



 Now that I am older, I realize how being an only child has helped me become the person I am today, and for that, I am thankful.🙏

George Oluwatomilayo


'A Modern Ancient Lady'💎,TV Presenter & Producer Rythme FM 🎬📺/Model📸 

Watch out for another Episode on my experience of being an only child every week.



Also read: I once had sex in a plane – Ella Mensah reveals

No comments

Drop your comments here. Let us know what's your take on this post