Breaking News

Episode 3 MY EXPERIENCE OF BEING AN ONLY CHILD- George Oluwatomilayo

Syngossip news
Continued from Episode 2
LACK OF BEING CHALLENGED OR FACING CONFLICT

I was never really teased or lightheartedly challenged as a child, so whenever there was any insinuation in my adult life that I


was not the best thing since sliced bread, I balked and didn’t know how to handle it. I lashed out and would often bully people into agreeing with me in later childhood.

My high school friends noticed this trait about me and confronted me about it one day. I was shocked, sad and angry.


 It persisted into my adult relationships with people and even on a couple of occasions. Is this a result of being an only child? Probably not directly, but I am the sum of all my experiences, and one of the most significant things about the 18 years I was a child was that I was an only child.


GUILT THAT MY PARENTS SACRIFICED SO MUCH FOR AN EDUCATION I NEVER CHOSE.


Because I was an only child, my parents spent a lot of time at work so they could just about scrimp and save enough to send me to a high-performing and very expensive private school.


They wouldn’t have been able to afford to do so if they’d had two or more children. Work was their priority. They worked opposite shifts which meant they barely saw each other.

From an early age, whenever I was at home they would leave me home alone for hours or
so, as their shifts overlapped. It would all be worth it if I came out with a top notch education. I did. I got the grad

George Oluwatomilayo
☝'A Modern Ancient Lady'💎,TV Presenter & Producer Rythme FM Lagos🎬📺/Model📸

Also read: MY EXPERIENCE OF BEING AN ONLY CHILD (Episode 2)📜

No comments

Drop your comments here. Let us know what's your take on this post